Arsenal memories: 1996
This year in….1996 Arsene Wenger described Ian Wright as the most efficient striker I have ever seen after he netted twice in a 5-2 Coca-Cola Cup win over Stoke City at Highbury. Wright s double made it 15 for the season and put him within 19 goals of C
This year in....1996
Arsene Wenger described Ian Wright as "the most efficient striker I have ever seen" after he netted twice in a 5-2 Coca-Cola Cup win over Stoke City at Highbury.
Wright's double made it 15 for the season and put him within 19 goals of Cliff Bastin's all-time club record of 179.
"He has great anticipation, moves and turns quickly. Ian just loves scoring," said Wenger. "As a goalscorer I haven't seen anyone better in 25 years in the game. As a manager I have never had a better player. He is obsessed with scoring."
You may also want to watch:
David Platt, Dennis Bergkamp and Paul Merson completed the scoring.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport
- 9 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote