This week in….1988 David O Leary set a deadline of the end of the year to regain his place in the first team - or else he d quit the club for a move abroad. The Eire defender, who lost his place to Steve Bould in the side, said: At the end of the day res
This week in....1988
David O'Leary set a deadline of the end of the year to regain his place in the first team - or else he'd quit the club for a move abroad.
The Eire defender, who lost his place to Steve Bould in the side, said: "At the end of the day reserve team football is no good for me.
"I have given it two months; I still don't agree with the manager about being left out although I accept that I can not expect to be in the team at the moment.'
You may also want to watch:
"I have one dream left in football, to win the League championship title with Arsenal. I have two and a half years left of a very good contract and I think I can play until I'm 35,'' he said.
"I wouldn't like to play for any other club in England, but I wouldn't mind going abroad.''.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
His words didn't help: he was on the bench as Arsenal lost 1-2 to Liverpool in a Littlewoods Cup second replay at Villa Park.