This week in….1988 David O Leary set a deadline of the end of the year to regain his place in the first team - or else he d quit the club for a move abroad. The Eire defender, who lost his place to Steve Bould in the side, said: At the end of the day res
This week in....1988
David O'Leary set a deadline of the end of the year to regain his place in the first team - or else he'd quit the club for a move abroad.
The Eire defender, who lost his place to Steve Bould in the side, said: "At the end of the day reserve team football is no good for me.
"I have given it two months; I still don't agree with the manager about being left out although I accept that I can not expect to be in the team at the moment.'
You may also want to watch:
"I have one dream left in football, to win the League championship title with Arsenal. I have two and a half years left of a very good contract and I think I can play until I'm 35,'' he said.
"I wouldn't like to play for any other club in England, but I wouldn't mind going abroad.''.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
His words didn't help: he was on the bench as Arsenal lost 1-2 to Liverpool in a Littlewoods Cup second replay at Villa Park.