This week in…1995 Arsenal moved to third place in the Premiership after a 4-2 home win over Sheffield Wednesday. Dennis Bergkamp fired the Gunners ahead with a 20-yard free kick before David Hirst and Chris Waddle put the Owls 2-1 up after just 21 minutes
This week in...1995
Arsenal moved to third place in the Premiership after a 4-2 home win over Sheffield Wednesday.
Dennis Bergkamp fired the Gunners ahead with a 20-yard free kick before David Hirst and Chris Waddle put the Owls 2-1 up after just 21 minutes.
Nigel Winterburn hit an unlikely equaliser before Paul Dickov and John Hartson sealed the three points.
You may also want to watch:
"Either side could have had six goals,' said Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch. 'We have started to let too many crosses come in."
"We won 4-2 but it could have finished 6-6. For some reason, we have started allowing crosses to come into our area. Players are moving towards us too easily as well.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
"At half-time, I told the lads that they mustn't feel sorry for themselves - they must show some fire in their bellies and get out there and do something about it.''