This week in…1995 Arsenal moved to third place in the Premiership after a 4-2 home win over Sheffield Wednesday. Dennis Bergkamp fired the Gunners ahead with a 20-yard free kick before David Hirst and Chris Waddle put the Owls 2-1 up after just 21 minutes
This week in...1995
Arsenal moved to third place in the Premiership after a 4-2 home win over Sheffield Wednesday.
Dennis Bergkamp fired the Gunners ahead with a 20-yard free kick before David Hirst and Chris Waddle put the Owls 2-1 up after just 21 minutes.
Nigel Winterburn hit an unlikely equaliser before Paul Dickov and John Hartson sealed the three points.
You may also want to watch:
"Either side could have had six goals,' said Arsenal manager Bruce Rioch. 'We have started to let too many crosses come in."
"We won 4-2 but it could have finished 6-6. For some reason, we have started allowing crosses to come into our area. Players are moving towards us too easily as well.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
"At half-time, I told the lads that they mustn't feel sorry for themselves - they must show some fire in their bellies and get out there and do something about it.''