Arsenal memories: 2008
This week in…2008 Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates. Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott s second half intro
This week in...2008
Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates.
Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott's second half introduction.
Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie made it 2-1 before Walcott added a deserved third in injury time.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, who recently described Lionel Messi as a ''Ferrari' smiled: "I don't want to make any advert for any car - but Theo's a turbo!
"I will say this; Theo made a big impact."
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
Walcott was also happy. He added: "I just love playing football for this club and continue to do so. There's a lot of togetherness here.''