Arsenal memories: 2008
This week in…2008 Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates. Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott s second half intro
This week in...2008
Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates.
Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott's second half introduction.
Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie made it 2-1 before Walcott added a deserved third in injury time.
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger, who recently described Lionel Messi as a ''Ferrari' smiled: "I don't want to make any advert for any car - but Theo's a turbo!
"I will say this; Theo made a big impact."
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
Walcott was also happy. He added: "I just love playing football for this club and continue to do so. There's a lot of togetherness here.''