Arsenal memories: 2008
This week in…2008 Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates. Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott s second half intro
This week in...2008
Substitute Theo Walcott inspired Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Everton 3-1 at Emirates.
Leon Osman gave the Toffees a ninth minute lead against an out of sorts Gunners but that all changed following Walcott's second half introduction.
Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie made it 2-1 before Walcott added a deserved third in injury time.
Arsene Wenger, who recently described Lionel Messi as a ''Ferrari' smiled: "I don't want to make any advert for any car - but Theo's a turbo!
"I will say this; Theo made a big impact."
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
Walcott was also happy. He added: "I just love playing football for this club and continue to do so. There's a lot of togetherness here.''