Arsenal memories: 2009 - Arshavin beats the deadline, or does he?
This week in…2009 Andrei Arshavin s �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed – 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline. The deal was done BEFORE the deadline, stressed a Premier League spokesman. It was lodged with us prior to the tran
This week in...2009
Andrei Arshavin's �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed - 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline.
"The deal was done BEFORE the deadline," stressed a Premier League spokesman. "It was lodged with us prior to the transfer window closing and we were satisfied that the deal was done in time."
Arshavin, oblivious to the furore, took a stroll around the club's new museum.
You may also want to watch:
The wide-eyed Russian said: "Yesterday I heard a long period ago, 1931 to 1933, Arsenal became three-times champions. It's one history that I heard. I have followed each Arsenal game from the moment when I first met Arsne Wenger. I am so happy to finally be an Arsenal player.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 9 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat