Arsenal memories: 2009 - Arshavin beats the deadline, or does he?
This week in…2009 Andrei Arshavin s �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed – 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline. The deal was done BEFORE the deadline, stressed a Premier League spokesman. It was lodged with us prior to the tran
This week in...2009
Andrei Arshavin's �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed - 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline.
"The deal was done BEFORE the deadline," stressed a Premier League spokesman. "It was lodged with us prior to the transfer window closing and we were satisfied that the deal was done in time."
Arshavin, oblivious to the furore, took a stroll around the club's new museum.
You may also want to watch:
The wide-eyed Russian said: "Yesterday I heard a long period ago, 1931 to 1933, Arsenal became three-times champions. It's one history that I heard. I have followed each Arsenal game from the moment when I first met Arsne Wenger. I am so happy to finally be an Arsenal player.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead