Arsenal memories: 2009 - Arshavin beats the deadline, or does he?
This week in…2009 Andrei Arshavin s �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed – 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline. The deal was done BEFORE the deadline, stressed a Premier League spokesman. It was lodged with us prior to the tran
This week in...2009
Andrei Arshavin's �12million transfer to Arsenal was controversially confirmed - 24 hours AFTER the transfer deadline.
"The deal was done BEFORE the deadline," stressed a Premier League spokesman. "It was lodged with us prior to the transfer window closing and we were satisfied that the deal was done in time."
Arshavin, oblivious to the furore, took a stroll around the club's new museum.
You may also want to watch:
The wide-eyed Russian said: "Yesterday I heard a long period ago, 1931 to 1933, Arsenal became three-times champions. It's one history that I heard. I have followed each Arsenal game from the moment when I first met Arsne Wenger. I am so happy to finally be an Arsenal player.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council