Arsenal memories...2006: Sol goes AWOL
This week in….2006 Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal s 3-2 home loss to West Ham. The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second ha
This week in....2006
Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal's 3-2 home loss to West Ham.
The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second half and Arsene Wenger said: "I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. I don't want to interfere with how he feels individually and privately.
"I haven't spoken to him. He has not been contactable. Is the problem football related? I don't know.
You may also want to watch:
"You have to accept that every human being responds differently to problems. I rate him highly as a human being and I think he will come back.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown