Arsenal memories...2006: Sol goes AWOL
This week in….2006 Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal s 3-2 home loss to West Ham. The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second ha
This week in....2006
Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal's 3-2 home loss to West Ham.
The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second half and Arsene Wenger said: "I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. I don't want to interfere with how he feels individually and privately.
"I haven't spoken to him. He has not been contactable. Is the problem football related? I don't know.
You may also want to watch:
"You have to accept that every human being responds differently to problems. I rate him highly as a human being and I think he will come back.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Huge relief': Golders Green care home celebrates booster rollout
- 6 Punk Blythe doll worth almost £1,000 visits Camden Town
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 9 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate