Arsenal memories...2006: Sol goes AWOL
This week in….2006 Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal s 3-2 home loss to West Ham. The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second ha
This week in....2006
Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal's 3-2 home loss to West Ham.
The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second half and Arsene Wenger said: "I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. I don't want to interfere with how he feels individually and privately.
"I haven't spoken to him. He has not been contactable. Is the problem football related? I don't know.
You may also want to watch:
"You have to accept that every human being responds differently to problems. I rate him highly as a human being and I think he will come back.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up