Arsenal memories...2006: Sol goes AWOL
This week in….2006 Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal s 3-2 home loss to West Ham. The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second ha
This week in....2006
Fears were growing for Sol Campbell after the defender went AWOL after being substituted at half time during Arsenal's 3-2 home loss to West Ham.
The 31-year-old had not been seen since leaving Highbury before the start of the second half and Arsene Wenger said: "I hope that when he comes back he comes back stronger. "At the moment I am worried about Sol because he is down. I don't want to interfere with how he feels individually and privately.
"I haven't spoken to him. He has not been contactable. Is the problem football related? I don't know.
You may also want to watch:
"You have to accept that every human being responds differently to problems. I rate him highly as a human being and I think he will come back.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader