Arsenal memories - 2003: Bookies pay out early on Arsenal
This week in….2003 Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger s team. We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about, a spokesman
This week in....2003
Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger's team. "We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about," a spokesman said.
Wenger, himself, said he wanted his side to go for the Treble.
"There's a long way still to go, but we believe we can do it again. I'm confident and so are my players. I'd rather be in our position than anyone else's. Having done the Double last year, I can't say we don't want to win the treble. I'd be a liar otherwise."
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Arsenal won just the FA Cup.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath