Arsenal memories - 2003: Bookies pay out early on Arsenal
This week in….2003 Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger s team. We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about, a spokesman
This week in....2003
Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger's team. "We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about," a spokesman said.
Wenger, himself, said he wanted his side to go for the Treble.
"There's a long way still to go, but we believe we can do it again. I'm confident and so are my players. I'd rather be in our position than anyone else's. Having done the Double last year, I can't say we don't want to win the treble. I'd be a liar otherwise."
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Arsenal won just the FA Cup.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52