Arsenal memories - 2003: Bookies pay out early on Arsenal
This week in….2003 Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger s team. We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about, a spokesman
This week in....2003
Paddy Power, the Irish bookmakers, declared Arsenal as Premiership champions. They confirmed they would pay out on all bets on Arsene Wenger's team. "We are taking a risk here, but this is what betting should all be about," a spokesman said.
Wenger, himself, said he wanted his side to go for the Treble.
"There's a long way still to go, but we believe we can do it again. I'm confident and so are my players. I'd rather be in our position than anyone else's. Having done the Double last year, I can't say we don't want to win the treble. I'd be a liar otherwise."
You may also want to watch:
In the end, Arsenal won just the FA Cup.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 8 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action