Arsenal memories: 2001 - Sol back at the Lane
This week in….2001 Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1. Robert Pires gave the Gunners – who had lost just once in their previous
This week in....2001
Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1.
Robert Pires gave the Gunners - who had lost just once in their previous 13 games with their arch rivals - the lead after 81 minutes before Gus Poyet levelled in injury time for the homeside.
All eyes, however, had been on Campbell and afterwards Arsene Wenger said: "It was good for England that the guy showed he could play under tremendous pressure - it was his best game for Arsenal and he deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled it."
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: "It was a tough game for me, but you've got to take it. I had nothing to prove.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach