Arsenal memories: 2001 - Sol back at the Lane
This week in….2001 Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1. Robert Pires gave the Gunners – who had lost just once in their previous
This week in....2001
Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1.
Robert Pires gave the Gunners - who had lost just once in their previous 13 games with their arch rivals - the lead after 81 minutes before Gus Poyet levelled in injury time for the homeside.
All eyes, however, had been on Campbell and afterwards Arsene Wenger said: "It was good for England that the guy showed he could play under tremendous pressure - it was his best game for Arsenal and he deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled it."
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: "It was a tough game for me, but you've got to take it. I had nothing to prove.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally