Arsenal memories: 2001 - Sol back at the Lane
This week in….2001 Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1. Robert Pires gave the Gunners – who had lost just once in their previous
This week in....2001
Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1.
Robert Pires gave the Gunners - who had lost just once in their previous 13 games with their arch rivals - the lead after 81 minutes before Gus Poyet levelled in injury time for the homeside.
All eyes, however, had been on Campbell and afterwards Arsene Wenger said: "It was good for England that the guy showed he could play under tremendous pressure - it was his best game for Arsenal and he deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled it."
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: "It was a tough game for me, but you've got to take it. I had nothing to prove.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?