Arsenal memories: 2001 - Sol back at the Lane
This week in….2001 Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1. Robert Pires gave the Gunners – who had lost just once in their previous
This week in....2001
Sol Campbell shrugged of the taunts of Spurs fans on his first return to White Hart Lane after moving to Arsenal in the summer as the north London derby ended 1-1.
Robert Pires gave the Gunners - who had lost just once in their previous 13 games with their arch rivals - the lead after 81 minutes before Gus Poyet levelled in injury time for the homeside.
All eyes, however, had been on Campbell and afterwards Arsene Wenger said: "It was good for England that the guy showed he could play under tremendous pressure - it was his best game for Arsenal and he deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled it."
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: "It was a tough game for me, but you've got to take it. I had nothing to prove.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill