Arsenal memories: 2001 - Adams announces retirement plans
This week in…. 2001 Tony Adams announced he would retire in 12 months time. Speaking after a 2-1 home win over Leeds, the Gunners skipper - 17 years at Arsenal man and boy - said: I ve no specific plans for when it s all over for me. I ll just have to wa
This week in.... 2001
Tony Adams announced he would retire in 12 months time.
Speaking after a 2-1 home win over Leeds, the Gunners skipper - 17 years at Arsenal man and boy - said: 'I've no specific plans for when it's all over for me. I'll just have to wait and see what's put on the table.
"I have given a lot of time and effort to this football club. Maybe it will mean more time for me and for my family.
You may also want to watch:
"But, I believe I still offer a lot to the other players - my experience, a little word in their ear, that kind of thing. I'm different from the captain of 10 years ago. I am better. Hopefully, I've brought dignity to the role. I try to treat people with respect.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms