Arsenal memories: 2001 - Adams announces retirement plans
This week in…. 2001 Tony Adams announced he would retire in 12 months time. Speaking after a 2-1 home win over Leeds, the Gunners skipper - 17 years at Arsenal man and boy - said: I ve no specific plans for when it s all over for me. I ll just have to wa
This week in.... 2001
Tony Adams announced he would retire in 12 months time.
Speaking after a 2-1 home win over Leeds, the Gunners skipper - 17 years at Arsenal man and boy - said: 'I've no specific plans for when it's all over for me. I'll just have to wait and see what's put on the table.
"I have given a lot of time and effort to this football club. Maybe it will mean more time for me and for my family.
You may also want to watch:
"But, I believe I still offer a lot to the other players - my experience, a little word in their ear, that kind of thing. I'm different from the captain of 10 years ago. I am better. Hopefully, I've brought dignity to the role. I try to treat people with respect.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52