Arsenal memories...1997: Henry rumours but it's Bergkamp who rules
This week in…..1997 Arsene Wenger confirms he wants to sign young French striker Thierry Henry. The Arsenal boss, who gave Henry his league debut for Monaco in 1994, said: I would have no fears at all about playing him in the Premiership. Young strikers
This week in.....1997
Arsene Wenger confirms he wants to sign young French striker Thierry Henry.
The Arsenal boss, who gave Henry his league debut for Monaco in 1994, said: "I would have no fears at all about playing him in the Premiership. Young strikers are fairly rare in this country at present."
Meanwhile Dennis Bergkamp picks up another man of the match award - scoring a magnificent goal - in the 3-1 win over Everton.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards, Wenger quipped: "Every time he comes in the dressing- room, he has a bottle of champagne with him. He has enough to open a shop.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office