Arsenal memories: 1991 - Limpar treble seals Gunners' title
This week in….1991 Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games. I reckon we re
This week in....1991
Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games.
"I reckon we're a lot better equipped to defend our title both mentally and in squad strength than we were two years ago,'' vowed manager George Graham, looking ahead to the next season.
Meanwhile, the club chose the game to launch an ambitious debenture scheme to help fund a massive stadium redevelopment, including a new 12,000 seat stand at the North Bank end.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman of Arsenal, said that the project "meets the aims of the football club and the aims of the supporters. It will make them all feel very much part of the club for the future.''
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home