Arsenal memories: 1991 - Limpar treble seals Gunners' title
This week in….1991 Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games. I reckon we re
This week in....1991
Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games.
"I reckon we're a lot better equipped to defend our title both mentally and in squad strength than we were two years ago,'' vowed manager George Graham, looking ahead to the next season.
Meanwhile, the club chose the game to launch an ambitious debenture scheme to help fund a massive stadium redevelopment, including a new 12,000 seat stand at the North Bank end.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman of Arsenal, said that the project "meets the aims of the football club and the aims of the supporters. It will make them all feel very much part of the club for the future.''
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath