Arsenal memories: 1991 - Limpar treble seals Gunners' title
This week in….1991 Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games. I reckon we re
This week in....1991
Anders Limpar scored a hat-trick as Arsenal rounded off their title-winning season with a 6-1 demolition of hapless Coventry. Four goals came in the last 11 minutes as the Gunners lost just once in 38 Division One games.
"I reckon we're a lot better equipped to defend our title both mentally and in squad strength than we were two years ago,'' vowed manager George Graham, looking ahead to the next season.
Meanwhile, the club chose the game to launch an ambitious debenture scheme to help fund a massive stadium redevelopment, including a new 12,000 seat stand at the North Bank end.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman of Arsenal, said that the project "meets the aims of the football club and the aims of the supporters. It will make them all feel very much part of the club for the future.''
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17