Arsenal memories...1988: Dixon move is off
This week in…1988 Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour. West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury – before Chelsea chairman Ken Ba
This week in...1988
Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour.
West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury - before Chelsea chairman Ken Bates told him he had to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile, Arsenal beat Tottenham 2-1 in a televised league match after goals from Alan Smith and Perry Groves saw off their local rivals.
You may also want to watch:
"Local derbies are always tight," said Arsenal boss George Graham said, "and this was no exception, but it was unusual in that the strikers were outstanding - Groves was arguably man of the match.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper