Arsenal memories...1988: Dixon move is off
This week in…1988 Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour. West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury – before Chelsea chairman Ken Ba
This week in...1988
Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour.
West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury - before Chelsea chairman Ken Bates told him he had to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile, Arsenal beat Tottenham 2-1 in a televised league match after goals from Alan Smith and Perry Groves saw off their local rivals.
You may also want to watch:
"Local derbies are always tight," said Arsenal boss George Graham said, "and this was no exception, but it was unusual in that the strikers were outstanding - Groves was arguably man of the match.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue