Arsenal memories...1988: Dixon move is off
This week in…1988 Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour. West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury – before Chelsea chairman Ken Ba
This week in...1988
Kerry Dixon confirmed he would stay at Chelsea after a move to Arsenal fell through at the 11th hour.
West Ham wanted to take him to East London but he rejected their approach to set up a move to Highbury - before Chelsea chairman Ken Bates told him he had to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile, Arsenal beat Tottenham 2-1 in a televised league match after goals from Alan Smith and Perry Groves saw off their local rivals.
You may also want to watch:
"Local derbies are always tight," said Arsenal boss George Graham said, "and this was no exception, but it was unusual in that the strikers were outstanding - Groves was arguably man of the match.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street