Arsenal Memories: 1982 - Chairman role passes to son after Hill-Wood's passing
This week in….1982 Former Arsenal chairman Denis Hill-Wood passed away, aged 75. The Old Etonian, who had taken over from his father Samuel as the head of the club in 1959, had been ill for several moths. His son Peter, the club s vice-chairman, swiftly r
This week in....1982
Former Arsenal chairman Denis Hill-Wood passed away, aged 75.
The Old Etonian, who had taken over from his father Samuel as the head of the club in 1959, had been ill for several moths.
His son Peter, the club's vice-chairman, swiftly replaced him at the helm.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, in light of the recent breakout of hostilities between Britain and Argentina, Arsenal boss Terry Neill refused to release John Devine and David O'Leary for the Republic of Ireland's forthcoming friendly with Argentina.
Arsenal won a scrappy encounter at Birmingham 1-0, Chris Whyte beating two defenders to score the winner.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street