Arsenal meet Villareal - and then it could be United
SPANISH side Villareal, who like the Gunners are outside the top three of their own league, stand in the way of Arsenal s path to the semi-finals of the Champions League. And Arsenal in turn could be the team to destroy Manchester United s bid to win five
SPANISH side Villareal, who like the Gunners are outside the top three of their own league, stand in the way of Arsenal's path to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
And Arsenal in turn could be the team to destroy Manchester United's bid to win five trophies this season.
This morning's Champions League draw pitched Villareal and Arsenal together, with the winners facing either Manchester United or Portugese side Porto in the semi-finals - both of them winners of the tournament within the past five years.
Arsenal will be confident of progressing against Villareal, the small-town team with big ambitions from Castellon, an hour north of Valencia.
You may also want to watch:
They have two former Arsenal players in their squad, former Gunners captain Robert Pires and defender Pascal Cygan, but are currently off the pace in the Spanish first division and have won just 12 of their 27 league games this season.
In the other ties, due to be played on April 7 and 8 with the second leg on April 14 and 15, Liverpool and Chelsea have been drawn together yet again and Barcelona take on Bayern Munich.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 10 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
So a repeat of the Barca v Arsenal final is a real possibility.