ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Torres backs Gunners to lift the title
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title. I want Arsenal to be the champions, he told CANAL+. They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in hi
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title.
"I want Arsenal to be the champions," he told CANAL+. "They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in his time there."
England's voice of Spanish football, GUILLEM BALAGUE, has tipped Pep Guardiola as a future Arsenal boss.
"He went for a trial to Manchester City at the end of his career and loves English football. He's aware of the rumours tipping him as a candidate to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal," said Balague.
You may also want to watch:
"It's even been suggested he could be Wenger's choice if the Frenchman, with whom Guardiola is in contact, moves 'upstairs' at Arsenal."
IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT has again linked Emmanuel Eboue with a switch to AS Roma.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Last summer Fiorentina were also reputed to be chasing the Ivorian but Eboue's agent, Franjo Vranjkovic, is quoted as saying: "In Italy, we will only taken into consideration offers from the big clubs like Inter, Milan and Juventus."
Wolves skipper Karl Henry was the very definition of sore loser after last weekend's loss at Emirates.
He moaned to the SHROPSHIRE STAR: "I thought they were lucky getting a goal and lucky the referee sent me off, which was an absolute joke.
"One of their players has come in - Thomas Vermaelen - trying to get me sent off. It is an absolute disgrace."
Bolton boss Owen Coyle is in awe of on-loan Gunner Jack Wilshere.
"We just need more like him," he told THE BOLTON NEWS. "He gets more kicks than anybody but that's the way he plays.