ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Torres backs Gunners to lift the title
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title. I want Arsenal to be the champions, he told CANAL+. They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in hi
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title.
"I want Arsenal to be the champions," he told CANAL+. "They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in his time there."
England's voice of Spanish football, GUILLEM BALAGUE, has tipped Pep Guardiola as a future Arsenal boss.
"He went for a trial to Manchester City at the end of his career and loves English football. He's aware of the rumours tipping him as a candidate to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal," said Balague.
You may also want to watch:
"It's even been suggested he could be Wenger's choice if the Frenchman, with whom Guardiola is in contact, moves 'upstairs' at Arsenal."
IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT has again linked Emmanuel Eboue with a switch to AS Roma.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Last summer Fiorentina were also reputed to be chasing the Ivorian but Eboue's agent, Franjo Vranjkovic, is quoted as saying: "In Italy, we will only taken into consideration offers from the big clubs like Inter, Milan and Juventus."
Wolves skipper Karl Henry was the very definition of sore loser after last weekend's loss at Emirates.
He moaned to the SHROPSHIRE STAR: "I thought they were lucky getting a goal and lucky the referee sent me off, which was an absolute joke.
"One of their players has come in - Thomas Vermaelen - trying to get me sent off. It is an absolute disgrace."
Bolton boss Owen Coyle is in awe of on-loan Gunner Jack Wilshere.
"We just need more like him," he told THE BOLTON NEWS. "He gets more kicks than anybody but that's the way he plays.