ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Torres backs Gunners to lift the title
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title. I want Arsenal to be the champions, he told CANAL+. They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in hi
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has backed the Gunners to take the title.
"I want Arsenal to be the champions," he told CANAL+. "They have the best fixtures of the three. Wenger deserves to win the title and to be imitated for his work he has done in his time there."
England's voice of Spanish football, GUILLEM BALAGUE, has tipped Pep Guardiola as a future Arsenal boss.
"He went for a trial to Manchester City at the end of his career and loves English football. He's aware of the rumours tipping him as a candidate to succeed Arsene Wenger at Arsenal," said Balague.
You may also want to watch:
"It's even been suggested he could be Wenger's choice if the Frenchman, with whom Guardiola is in contact, moves 'upstairs' at Arsenal."
IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT has again linked Emmanuel Eboue with a switch to AS Roma.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
Last summer Fiorentina were also reputed to be chasing the Ivorian but Eboue's agent, Franjo Vranjkovic, is quoted as saying: "In Italy, we will only taken into consideration offers from the big clubs like Inter, Milan and Juventus."
Wolves skipper Karl Henry was the very definition of sore loser after last weekend's loss at Emirates.
He moaned to the SHROPSHIRE STAR: "I thought they were lucky getting a goal and lucky the referee sent me off, which was an absolute joke.
"One of their players has come in - Thomas Vermaelen - trying to get me sent off. It is an absolute disgrace."
Bolton boss Owen Coyle is in awe of on-loan Gunner Jack Wilshere.
"We just need more like him," he told THE BOLTON NEWS. "He gets more kicks than anybody but that's the way he plays.