Arsenal Mediawatch: Merse gets something to chew over
It may be 12 years since Paul Merson left Arsenal but, looking back on the arrival of Arsene Wenger, he admits he still heeds some of the wise Frenchman s advice – particularly on table manners. He d tell us to chew our food properly to aid digestion, M
It may be 12 years since Paul Merson left Arsenal but, looking back on the arrival of Arsene Wenger, he admits he still heeds some of the wise Frenchman's advice - particularly on table manners.
"He'd tell us to chew our food properly to aid digestion," Merson told the Official Arsenal Magazine. "And I still do it to this day! Everything was for a reason."
Speaking of eating, current crowd favourite Andrey Arshavin says he much prefers early kicks rather than the later starts back in his homeland - so he can settle down at the dinner table.
Speaking to his official website, Arshavin.com, the little Russian said: "In England it's the opposite, the earlier the better. If the game starts at 4 or 5 pm I get hungry."
You may also want to watch:
And he added he didn't mind being left out of the starting XI in the win over Birmingham.
"Of course, I felt tired," he added. "But that's not an excuse, it is a fact. I felt all right. The club installed new, comfy benches for the substitutes..."
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
Italian rag Tuttosport claims Bacary Sagna is on top of the hit-list at Juventus, with director Alessio Secco reportedly keen to land him as early as January. The paper reports Wenger could consider a sale - but a high asking price is likely to scare off the Bianconeri.
Now you'd think the Wikipedia entry for Bob Wilson would show a picture of the Gunners goalkeeping legend celebrating after the club's 1971 Double success, or during his post-playing spell as one of television's top sports presenters.
But no. Oddly, the image used to illustrate the 'Willow', who celebrates his 68th birthday next week, is a covert picture taken on a mobile phone as he filled up at a Hertfordshire petrol station...!
Sticking with the web, Arsenal FC was, inexplicably, the top web search on Yahoo on Monday and Tuesday this week... beating other such delights as the London Film Festival, Swine Flu, Global Warming and Megan Fox...