Arsenal Mediawatch: Merse gets something to chew over
It may be 12 years since Paul Merson left Arsenal but, looking back on the arrival of Arsene Wenger, he admits he still heeds some of the wise Frenchman s advice – particularly on table manners. He d tell us to chew our food properly to aid digestion, M
It may be 12 years since Paul Merson left Arsenal but, looking back on the arrival of Arsene Wenger, he admits he still heeds some of the wise Frenchman's advice - particularly on table manners.
"He'd tell us to chew our food properly to aid digestion," Merson told the Official Arsenal Magazine. "And I still do it to this day! Everything was for a reason."
Speaking of eating, current crowd favourite Andrey Arshavin says he much prefers early kicks rather than the later starts back in his homeland - so he can settle down at the dinner table.
Speaking to his official website, Arshavin.com, the little Russian said: "In England it's the opposite, the earlier the better. If the game starts at 4 or 5 pm I get hungry."
You may also want to watch:
And he added he didn't mind being left out of the starting XI in the win over Birmingham.
"Of course, I felt tired," he added. "But that's not an excuse, it is a fact. I felt all right. The club installed new, comfy benches for the substitutes..."
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
Italian rag Tuttosport claims Bacary Sagna is on top of the hit-list at Juventus, with director Alessio Secco reportedly keen to land him as early as January. The paper reports Wenger could consider a sale - but a high asking price is likely to scare off the Bianconeri.
Now you'd think the Wikipedia entry for Bob Wilson would show a picture of the Gunners goalkeeping legend celebrating after the club's 1971 Double success, or during his post-playing spell as one of television's top sports presenters.
But no. Oddly, the image used to illustrate the 'Willow', who celebrates his 68th birthday next week, is a covert picture taken on a mobile phone as he filled up at a Hertfordshire petrol station...!
Sticking with the web, Arsenal FC was, inexplicably, the top web search on Yahoo on Monday and Tuesday this week... beating other such delights as the London Film Festival, Swine Flu, Global Warming and Megan Fox...