ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Gunners reports on eve of the big kick-off
The DAILY MAIL claims Brede Hangeland can join Arsenal – for �15m. But the paper says Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will not let the giant Norway international go cheaply and without first buying a replacement – possibly Middlesbrough s Robert Huth. Manuel Almu
The DAILY MAIL claims Brede Hangeland can join Arsenal - for �15m. But the paper says Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will not let the giant Norway international go cheaply and without first buying a replacement - possibly Middlesbrough's Robert Huth.
Manuel Almunia has told the GUARDIAN Arsene Wenger is feeling the pressure of four years without a trophy. In an interview with the paper, the Spanish stopper admitted: "The boss's face looks calm, but I think inside he is suffering."
He also admits he could still get British citizenship and play for England, but adds "I know what Tottenham fans would say... I can guess their opinion of me playing for England."
Barcelona - a club which prides itself on its self-appointed position as moral guardian of world football - continues to blatantly court Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain told Spanish daily MARCA they want to bring the Catalan to the Nou Camp, ''but we will not pay over the odds.'' Fabregas, for the record, has more than five years remaining on his contract.
Ex-Gunner Ian Wright's media career continues to snowball. The 45-year-old will join former page 3 girl Melinda Messenger and Apprentice runner up Kate Walsh to present LIVE FROM STUDIO FIVE, a nightly hour-long programme discussing the news, sport and entertainment. Five say he's been hired for his ''forthright opinions''.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft