ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Gunners reports on eve of the big kick-off
The DAILY MAIL claims Brede Hangeland can join Arsenal – for �15m. But the paper says Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will not let the giant Norway international go cheaply and without first buying a replacement – possibly Middlesbrough s Robert Huth. Manuel Almu
The DAILY MAIL claims Brede Hangeland can join Arsenal - for �15m. But the paper says Fulham boss Roy Hodgson will not let the giant Norway international go cheaply and without first buying a replacement - possibly Middlesbrough's Robert Huth.
Manuel Almunia has told the GUARDIAN Arsene Wenger is feeling the pressure of four years without a trophy. In an interview with the paper, the Spanish stopper admitted: "The boss's face looks calm, but I think inside he is suffering."
He also admits he could still get British citizenship and play for England, but adds "I know what Tottenham fans would say... I can guess their opinion of me playing for England."
Barcelona - a club which prides itself on its self-appointed position as moral guardian of world football - continues to blatantly court Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas.
You may also want to watch:
Sporting Director Txiki Begiristain told Spanish daily MARCA they want to bring the Catalan to the Nou Camp, ''but we will not pay over the odds.'' Fabregas, for the record, has more than five years remaining on his contract.
Ex-Gunner Ian Wright's media career continues to snowball. The 45-year-old will join former page 3 girl Melinda Messenger and Apprentice runner up Kate Walsh to present LIVE FROM STUDIO FIVE, a nightly hour-long programme discussing the news, sport and entertainment. Five say he's been hired for his ''forthright opinions''.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again