ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Chamakh tells L'Equipe he's learned to smile again
Reported Gunners target Marouane Chamakh says he s learned to smile again after Bordeaux refused to sanction a move to Emirates, As much as I managed to understand the attitude of the club refusing Sunderland, I was surprised there hadn t been an arrange
Reported Gunners target Marouane Chamakh says he's learned to smile again after Bordeaux refused to sanction a move to Emirates,
"As much as I managed to understand the attitude of the club refusing Sunderland, I was surprised there hadn't been an arrangement with Arsenal. It's Arsenal after all," Chamakh shrugged to L'Equipe.
"I was disappointed. I am still, but I've moved on. I had to rediscover my smile and the pleasure of playing."
At least his club knows his name. On-loan Gunner Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was left peeved after he scored his first goal for Blackpool in their 2-2 draw at Watford.
You may also want to watch:
The PA announcer credited team-mate Alex Baptiste with the goal, as did Sky Sports, but Jay told the Blackpool Gazette: "I didn't hear it announced over the public address system as Alex Baptiste scoring so I didn't really know about it until afterwards - but Alex knows it was definitely MY goal."
The Gooner Review - the first ever independent DVD review of Arsenal's 2008/09 season - caused a stir before the Pompey game. Their camera crews were again outside for the Celtic clash and promise to be back next month filming for next summer's release. Contributors included actress Linda Robson, Gunners legend Bob Wilson, DJ Judge Jules, author Nick Hornby and 'Dennis Pennis' star and Arsenal Magazine columnist Paul Kaye, who excels as the anarchic host.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
But they did miss David Dein and Heston Blumenthal, both seen outside the stadium mingling with fans...
Is there no end to the talents of everyone's favourite Russian Andrey 'I Am Gooner' Arshavin? Go to Youtube and, type in 'Arshavin Sings Karaoke' to watch him do justice to Russian nursery rhyme, Cheburashka... .
And finally Myles Palmer, who runs the excellent, irreverent Arsenal News Review website and is author of The Professor: Arsene Wenger, turned 65 this week. His views often prompt the full gamut of debate and this week he admitted "I've had 200 abusive emails this week but I'm not bothered."
His observations, however, remains compulsive pre and post-match reading: Happy Birthday Myles!