ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Carolos Vela under gaze of Spanish eyes
La Liga outfit Xerex are reportedly targeting Gunners reserve striker Carlos Vela. The Mexico international has seen his opportunities limited at Emirates and Marca, Goal.com and La Cronica da Hoy all claim he could be heading to Spain. A Xerex spokesman
La Liga outfit Xerex are reportedly targeting Gunners reserve striker Carlos Vela.
The Mexico international has seen his opportunities limited at Emirates and Marca, Goal.com and La Cronica da Hoy all claim he could be heading to Spain.
A Xerex spokesman is quoted as saying: "We are looking to bring in a forward who can stop the lack of goals in the team.
"We are assessing our options in the European market and it is possible that Carlos Vela may arrive in the winter market."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Paul Merson was cooing over Andrey Arshavin's backheel on Tuesday night. When asked on Sky Sports if he ever tried it, the Merse responded: "I weren't ever that good... the bloke's magical."
Not so good was Merse's assessment of Sol Campbell's move to Notts County in the Official Arsenal Magazine: "He'll love it there," was his confident prediction...
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 3 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Merse's former skipper Tony Adams was also on Sky Sports that same evening - and believes the Gunners can go all the way in Europe this season.
"I think they have a better chance of winning this tournament than the league," he opined. He also paid tribute to the Gunners scouting network: "It's a fantastic structure at the club. Don't forget (chief scout) Steve Rowley has been there since 1983," he added giving his old pal and confidante a rare namecheck.
And Young Gun Mark Randall looks to have a WAG in the making.
The Milton Keynes-born midfielder's squeeze, Holly Jay, an office assistant and, inevitably, 'part time model', has made this month's Zoo Magazine's.
Posing in very little, she tells the mag she has ten GCSEs and that she "can't stop shopping and buying sexy underwear. Nice underwear always makes me feel sexier."
Save your strength for Saturday, Mark ...