ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Carolos Vela under gaze of Spanish eyes
La Liga outfit Xerex are reportedly targeting Gunners reserve striker Carlos Vela. The Mexico international has seen his opportunities limited at Emirates and Marca, Goal.com and La Cronica da Hoy all claim he could be heading to Spain. A Xerex spokesman
La Liga outfit Xerex are reportedly targeting Gunners reserve striker Carlos Vela.
The Mexico international has seen his opportunities limited at Emirates and Marca, Goal.com and La Cronica da Hoy all claim he could be heading to Spain.
A Xerex spokesman is quoted as saying: "We are looking to bring in a forward who can stop the lack of goals in the team.
"We are assessing our options in the European market and it is possible that Carlos Vela may arrive in the winter market."
Meanwhile, Paul Merson was cooing over Andrey Arshavin's backheel on Tuesday night. When asked on Sky Sports if he ever tried it, the Merse responded: "I weren't ever that good... the bloke's magical."
Not so good was Merse's assessment of Sol Campbell's move to Notts County in the Official Arsenal Magazine: "He'll love it there," was his confident prediction...
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
Merse's former skipper Tony Adams was also on Sky Sports that same evening - and believes the Gunners can go all the way in Europe this season.
"I think they have a better chance of winning this tournament than the league," he opined. He also paid tribute to the Gunners scouting network: "It's a fantastic structure at the club. Don't forget (chief scout) Steve Rowley has been there since 1983," he added giving his old pal and confidante a rare namecheck.
And Young Gun Mark Randall looks to have a WAG in the making.
The Milton Keynes-born midfielder's squeeze, Holly Jay, an office assistant and, inevitably, 'part time model', has made this month's Zoo Magazine's.
Posing in very little, she tells the mag she has ten GCSEs and that she "can't stop shopping and buying sexy underwear. Nice underwear always makes me feel sexier."
Save your strength for Saturday, Mark ...