ARSENAL MEDIAWATCH: Are Gunners tracking another Bluebirds starlet?
After the success of Aaron Ramsey, are Arsenal set to plunder Cardiff City again? The SOUTH WALES ECHO thinks so. Bluebirds boss Dave Jones told the paper the Gunners are tracking �4m-rated defender Adam Matthews. We have had two or three inquiries and I
After the success of Aaron Ramsey, are Arsenal set to plunder Cardiff City again?
The SOUTH WALES ECHO thinks so.
Bluebirds boss Dave Jones told the paper the Gunners are tracking �4m-rated defender Adam Matthews.
"We have had two or three inquiries and I know Arsenal and Man Utd are interested in the lad," he is quoted as saying.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is no agreement with any club, verbal or otherwise. We want Adam to stay."
The STOKE SENTINEL admits it is fearing the worst ahead of Stoke's FA Cup clash against Arsenal.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
"Stoke have been drawn against the Gunners on seven previous occasions in the competition dating back to 1928 - including those two famous semi-final clashes in 1971 and 1972 - and have lost every time," it gulped.
But Stoke boss Tony Pulis is more upbeat, telling the paper: "In truth, I would have taken anything at home, rather than be travelling away. It will be tough because Arsenal are probably playing the best football in Europe at the moment, but we'll relish it."
FRANCE FOOTBALL'S Philippe Auclair says Bordeaux star Marouane Chamakh will definitely not be joining Arsenal this month.
"That's what my sources at both clubs say," he told TALKSPORT. "He will definitely not move this month. Arsenal are his preferred choice - he could have gone last summer but Arsenal's offer was not what the club wanted.
"He will make a decision when his contract runs down in the summer."
And former Arsenal great Robert Pires could be returning to France after ten years in England and Spain.
Reports in France suggest Lyon coach Claude Puel wants the Villarreal midfielder and when asked about him, Puel told L'EQUIPE: "It's good to see that OL interests quite a lot of players and can stir up hopes of players returning (to France) from abroad.