Arsenal chief determined to keep Adebayor at Emirates
ARSENAL chairman Peter Hill-Wood has claimed that the Gunners intend to keep Emmanuel Adebayor, despite Barcelona s offer of £30million for the striker. Hill-Wood made the claims as the Gunners returned to training this week, with manager Arsene Wenger un
ARSENAL chairman Peter Hill-Wood has claimed that the Gunners intend to keep Emmanuel Adebayor, despite Barcelona's offer of £30million for the striker.
Hill-Wood made the claims as the Gunners returned to training this week, with manager Arsene Wenger under pressure to deliver new signings and keep hold of Adebayor, who has demanded a massive salary increase or a transfer.
But the Arsenal chairman countered: "We want him to stay, definitely. Adebayor still has a long time left on his contract and we have absolutely no intention of releasing him from that contract.
"You want to keep your best players and Adebayor is one of those."
You may also want to watch:
Adebayor, who scored 30 goals last season, signed a new contract this time last year that ties him to Arsenal until 2011, but has publicly demanded the club improve on his £35,000 a week wages.
"I'm afraid that's the way of the world," added Hill-Wood. "It's annoying but it is modern football. The idea that you are going to have a number of your team playing for you for 15 years, as one used to have, has disappeared.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub