Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas breaks his silence over Barcelona move
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger s hands.The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain s World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he w
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger's hands.
The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain's World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he will stay or go.
"I will only say one thing. I have great respect for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal and for the Arsenal fans," he told Spanish media.
"Sometimes not even in my house I've felt more loved than I've felt at Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a long conversation with Arsene and it was probably the greatest conversation I had with someone in my life. I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this."
But he did confirm his manager told him to simply focus on his international commitments for the next six weeks.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup and to leave it in his hands," Fabregas added.
"He will deal with whatever happens in my future and that's what I'm doing - just concentrating on football. It's not up to me anymore.
"It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else and I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing.
"The rest is the future and I'm not interested in the future.