Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas breaks his silence over Barcelona move
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger s hands.The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain s World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he w
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger's hands.
The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain's World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he will stay or go.
"I will only say one thing. I have great respect for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal and for the Arsenal fans," he told Spanish media.
"Sometimes not even in my house I've felt more loved than I've felt at Arsenal.
"I had a long conversation with Arsene and it was probably the greatest conversation I had with someone in my life. I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this."
But he did confirm his manager told him to simply focus on his international commitments for the next six weeks.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 10 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup and to leave it in his hands," Fabregas added.
"He will deal with whatever happens in my future and that's what I'm doing - just concentrating on football. It's not up to me anymore.
"It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else and I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing.
"The rest is the future and I'm not interested in the future.