Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas breaks his silence over Barcelona move
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger s hands.The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain s World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he w
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger's hands.
The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain's World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he will stay or go.
"I will only say one thing. I have great respect for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal and for the Arsenal fans," he told Spanish media.
"Sometimes not even in my house I've felt more loved than I've felt at Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a long conversation with Arsene and it was probably the greatest conversation I had with someone in my life. I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this."
But he did confirm his manager told him to simply focus on his international commitments for the next six weeks.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup and to leave it in his hands," Fabregas added.
"He will deal with whatever happens in my future and that's what I'm doing - just concentrating on football. It's not up to me anymore.
"It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else and I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing.
"The rest is the future and I'm not interested in the future.