Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas breaks his silence over Barcelona move
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger s hands.The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain s World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he w
Cesc Fabregas has broken his silence on his proposed move to Barcelona - claiming his future is in Arsene Wenger's hands.
The Arsenal skipper, speaking from Spain's World Cup training camp, reiterated his love for the club - but would not say whether he will stay or go.
"I will only say one thing. I have great respect for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal and for the Arsenal fans," he told Spanish media.
"Sometimes not even in my house I've felt more loved than I've felt at Arsenal.
"I had a long conversation with Arsene and it was probably the greatest conversation I had with someone in my life. I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this."
But he did confirm his manager told him to simply focus on his international commitments for the next six weeks.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Haringey Council accidentally leaks £54m office expansion scheme
"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup and to leave it in his hands," Fabregas added.
"He will deal with whatever happens in my future and that's what I'm doing - just concentrating on football. It's not up to me anymore.
"It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else and I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing.
"The rest is the future and I'm not interested in the future.