Arsenal to meet Tottenham as Women’s FA Cup restarts
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women will complete their 2019-20 FA Cup campaign three weeks into the 2020-21 season as they meet Tottenham in the quarter-final on the weekend fo September 26-27.
The FA have confirmed that it has received approval to conclude the last three rounds of the 2019/20 Women’s FA Cup in the early part of next season.
The semi-finals will follow the same week, on September 30/October 1, and the final will take place at Wembley Stadium on October 31.
Arsenal reached the last eight of the tournament after seeing off West Ham United and Lewes, as Lia Wälti scored her first goal for the Gunners in a 2-0 win against the Hammers in January and Caitlin Foord’s debut goal marked a 2-0 home win over Lewes.
Tottenham breezed past lower league opposition Barnsley and Coventry United 5-0 on their way to meeting their north London rivals.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Simmons, the FA’s director of the women’s professional game, said: “A significant amount of work has been going on behind the scenes to ensure the Women’s FA Cup can be completed and I am delighted that we have received the necessary approval for its conclusion.
“The Women’s FA Cup is a showpiece fixture in the football calendar and because of that there was huge appetite for the three remaining rounds to be played.”
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 8 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 9 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 10 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
It is not yet clear whether fans will be allowed inside Wembley Stadium for October’s final.
All tickets purchased for May’s original final date will be refunded by the FA.
Quarter-final fixtures: Brighton & Hove Albion v Birmingham City; Everton v Chelsea; Arsenal v Tottenham; Leicester City v Manchester City.