Arsenal 2014/15 Premier League fixtures: Gunners start against Crystal Palace
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Arsenal will begin their 2014/15 campaign with a London derby against Crystal Palace at the Emirates before away days at Everton and Leicester City, it was revealed today.
The Gunners have a tricky run early on as they host Manchester City on September 13 before taking on north London rivals Tottenham at the Emirates two weeks later (September 27), and then playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge the following week (October 4).
The away fixture against Spurs is on February 7, and the home fixture against Chelsea - where former captain Cesc Fabregas will return to the club - is on April 25.
The trip to the Etihad, where Arsenal were humbled 6-3 last season by Manchester City, is scheduled for January 17.
Arsenal will welcome back Robin van Persie to the Emirates when they host Manchester United on November 22, before travelling to Old Trafford for the penultimate game of the season on May 16.
The Gunners have three away games out of four in the busy Christmas period – with trips to Liverpool (December 20), West Ham (Dec 28) and Southampton (Jan 1) alongside a Boxing Day home fixture against QPR.
There is no repeat at any stage of the horrendous run of games Arsene Wenger’s men had last season in March, and they will have the benefit of playing four of their final six games at home.
- 1 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 2 Cycle lanes welcomed by riders but traders express frustration
- 3 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 4 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 5 Liz Truss backs a fully inclusive conversion therapy ban, says MP
- 6 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 7 People flouting barbecue ban in Waterlow Park
- 8 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 9 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
- 10 Immaculate, light and airy four-bedroom period house
Arsenal will finish the season with games against Sunderland (H), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Swansea (H), Manchester United (A) and WBA (H).
*These are provisional fixtures and are all subject to change.