Arrest over 1985 murder of Muswell Hill police officer
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed. Officers from the Met Police s Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5. PC
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed.
Officers from the Met Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5.
PC Blakelock was murdered during the Broadwater Farm riots on October 6, 1985.
The man, who was originally from Tottenham, and would have been 16 at the time of the riots, was taken to Bury St Edmunds police station where he was questioned.
You may also want to watch:
A file will be submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration of charges over the latest arrest.
Anyone who has information regarding the murder of PC Blakelock or the attempted murder of PC Richard Coombes, who was also attacked on the same night, can contact the incident room in confidence on 020 8733 4613.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation