Arrest over 1985 murder of Muswell Hill police officer
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed. Officers from the Met Police s Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5. PC
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed.
Officers from the Met Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5.
PC Blakelock was murdered during the Broadwater Farm riots on October 6, 1985.
The man, who was originally from Tottenham, and would have been 16 at the time of the riots, was taken to Bury St Edmunds police station where he was questioned.
You may also want to watch:
A file will be submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration of charges over the latest arrest.
Anyone who has information regarding the murder of PC Blakelock or the attempted murder of PC Richard Coombes, who was also attacked on the same night, can contact the incident room in confidence on 020 8733 4613.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours