Arrest over 1985 murder of Muswell Hill police officer
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed. Officers from the Met Police s Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5. PC
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed.
Officers from the Met Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5.
PC Blakelock was murdered during the Broadwater Farm riots on October 6, 1985.
The man, who was originally from Tottenham, and would have been 16 at the time of the riots, was taken to Bury St Edmunds police station where he was questioned.
You may also want to watch:
A file will be submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration of charges over the latest arrest.
Anyone who has information regarding the murder of PC Blakelock or the attempted murder of PC Richard Coombes, who was also attacked on the same night, can contact the incident room in confidence on 020 8733 4613.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 6 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Teacher weaves seven-year tapestry of periodic table
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu