Arrest over 1985 murder of Muswell Hill police officer
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed. Officers from the Met Police s Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5. PC
POLICE have arrested a man on suspicion of murdering Muswell Hill beat officer Keith Blakelock, 25 years after he was killed.
Officers from the Met Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a 40-year-old man in Suffolk on Friday February 5.
PC Blakelock was murdered during the Broadwater Farm riots on October 6, 1985.
The man, who was originally from Tottenham, and would have been 16 at the time of the riots, was taken to Bury St Edmunds police station where he was questioned.
You may also want to watch:
A file will be submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration of charges over the latest arrest.
Anyone who has information regarding the murder of PC Blakelock or the attempted murder of PC Richard Coombes, who was also attacked on the same night, can contact the incident room in confidence on 020 8733 4613.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green