Arrest after PC Blakelock memorial vandalised
A 41-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following the vandalism of a memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock. The man was arrested on Thursday June 3 in Muswell Hill Broadway on suspicion of criminal damage. He has been bailed until
A 41-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following the vandalism of a memorial to murdered Muswell Hill beat officer PC Keith Blakelock.
The man was arrested on Thursday June 3 in Muswell Hill Broadway on suspicion of criminal damage.
He has been bailed until August.
On Thursday morning, residents and local traders discovered white paint had been thrown all over the marble memorial and a nearby poppy reef laid in remembrance to PC Keith Blakelock, who was hacked to death 25 years ago during the Broadwater Farm Riots in Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday May 28, two men - aged 52 and 46 and originally from Tottenham - were arrested at separate north London addresses on suspicion of PC Blakelock's murder.
They have been released on bail until September.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
A 40-year-old man originally from Tottenham was arrested in February and answered bail in May - he will now report back in August after being bailed again.
Anyone with information on the murder of PC Blakelock is still being asked to contact a special incident room set up by police on 020 8733 4613.
For more, see next week's Ham&High Broadway