Camden hostel blaze under investigation
- Credit: Google
The London Fire Brigade is investigating what caused a fire to break out at a hostel on Arlington Road in Camden.
One room was damaged by the blaze which began on the second floor of the six-storey building just before 5pm on Friday (August 13).
About 40 firefighters using six engines brought the fire under control within an hour.
One man was treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service crews for smoke inhalation.
Fire crews from Kentish Town, Euston, Soho, Holloway and Paddington fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire will be investigated by the Brigade.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue