Arizona episode betrays Lib Dems' true intentions
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances. The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,5
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances.
The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,500 miles away, is the fact that the rest of his Lib Dem colleagues seemed perfectly aware of his plans.
They were happy to cover up his absenteeism, then once the Ham&High exposed the situation, they maintained that there was nothing wrong at all.
This is the party, let's not forget, that has staked so much of its reputation on its councillors being local people, not professional politicians.
You may also want to watch:
The truth is that all they care about is hanging on to power at the Town Hall, rather than trying to do anything constructive with it.
Now everybody sees the Lib Dems' true colours - and nobody should trust a word they say again.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn