Arizona episode betrays Lib Dems' true intentions
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances. The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,5
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances.
The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,500 miles away, is the fact that the rest of his Lib Dem colleagues seemed perfectly aware of his plans.
They were happy to cover up his absenteeism, then once the Ham&High exposed the situation, they maintained that there was nothing wrong at all.
This is the party, let's not forget, that has staked so much of its reputation on its councillors being local people, not professional politicians.
You may also want to watch:
The truth is that all they care about is hanging on to power at the Town Hall, rather than trying to do anything constructive with it.
Now everybody sees the Lib Dems' true colours - and nobody should trust a word they say again.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn