Arizona episode betrays Lib Dems' true intentions
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances. The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,5
I was astounded to read that a Lib Dem councillor had moved to Arizona to study whilst continuing to pocket his £700-a -month allowances.
The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties as a ward representative from 5,500 miles away, is the fact that the rest of his Lib Dem colleagues seemed perfectly aware of his plans.
They were happy to cover up his absenteeism, then once the Ham&High exposed the situation, they maintained that there was nothing wrong at all.
This is the party, let's not forget, that has staked so much of its reputation on its councillors being local people, not professional politicians.
You may also want to watch:
The truth is that all they care about is hanging on to power at the Town Hall, rather than trying to do anything constructive with it.
Now everybody sees the Lib Dems' true colours - and nobody should trust a word they say again.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
Chair, Hampstead & Kilburn