Teenager survives fall from ‘suicide bridge’ in Archway but left fighting for life
A teenager is fighting for his life after falling from Archway Bridge yesterday (Tuesday, June 12).
The 19-year-old was spotted by a passer-by on top of the bridge – known locally as “suicide bridge” - at around 4pm.
They called the emergency services who raced to the spot in Hornsey Lane.
But as police and ambulance crews made their way towards him, the youth was seen falling from the bridge onto the A1 below.
Paramedics began treating the teenager at the scene and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel.
He remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 7 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 8 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate