Teenager survives fall from ‘suicide bridge’ in Archway but left fighting for life
A teenager is fighting for his life after falling from Archway Bridge yesterday (Tuesday, June 12).
The 19-year-old was spotted by a passer-by on top of the bridge – known locally as “suicide bridge” - at around 4pm.
They called the emergency services who raced to the spot in Hornsey Lane.
But as police and ambulance crews made their way towards him, the youth was seen falling from the bridge onto the A1 below.
Paramedics began treating the teenager at the scene and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road