Teenager survives fall from ‘suicide bridge’ in Archway but left fighting for life
A teenager is fighting for his life after falling from Archway Bridge yesterday (Tuesday, June 12).
The 19-year-old was spotted by a passer-by on top of the bridge – known locally as “suicide bridge” - at around 4pm.
They called the emergency services who raced to the spot in Hornsey Lane.
But as police and ambulance crews made their way towards him, the youth was seen falling from the bridge onto the A1 below.
Paramedics began treating the teenager at the scene and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 5 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike