Teenager survives fall from ‘suicide bridge’ in Archway but left fighting for life
A teenager is fighting for his life after falling from Archway Bridge yesterday (Tuesday, June 12).
The 19-year-old was spotted by a passer-by on top of the bridge – known locally as “suicide bridge” - at around 4pm.
They called the emergency services who raced to the spot in Hornsey Lane.
But as police and ambulance crews made their way towards him, the youth was seen falling from the bridge onto the A1 below.
Paramedics began treating the teenager at the scene and he was taken to the Royal London Hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in a critical condition.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'