Tell our new investigations reporter what local stories and issues you want to see exposed
- Credit: NARM
This newspaper has recruited a new investigations reporter to expand our coverage of under-reported topics - and we would love to hear from you about subjects you think we should be looking at.
Charles Thomson was formerly the chief reporter at Essex’s Yellow Advertiser newspaper series, where he won 10 awards and commendations in six years.
He is best-known for investigating the alleged cover-up of a paedophile ring in Shoeburyness, after whistleblowers said the ringleaders received generous plea bargains and the wider ring never faced justice.
The investigation won plaudits at the British Journalism Awards, Regional Press Awards, and scooped ITV and Channel 4’s Ray Fitzwalter Award for Investigative Journalism. It will soon be charted in a new series of Archant’s true crime podcast, Unfinished.
Charles said: “Archant Investigations Unit has a fantastic reputation for producing the sort of in-depth, public interest journalism I love. It’s an honour to join the team.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to hear from readers about important, under-reported stories. It could be corruption, fraud, abuse of power, mismanaged public services, miscarriages of justice, cold cases – anything they think needs investigating.”
You can get in touch with Charles by filling out the form above. All details will be kept anonymous.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
Alternatively, email email@example.com.