Tell our new investigations reporter what local stories and issues you want to see exposed
- Credit: NARM
This newspaper has recruited a new investigations reporter to expand our coverage of under-reported topics - and we would love to hear from you about subjects you think we should be looking at.
Charles Thomson was formerly the chief reporter at Essex’s Yellow Advertiser newspaper series, where he won 10 awards and commendations in six years.
He is best-known for investigating the alleged cover-up of a paedophile ring in Shoeburyness, after whistleblowers said the ringleaders received generous plea bargains and the wider ring never faced justice.
The investigation won plaudits at the British Journalism Awards, Regional Press Awards, and scooped ITV and Channel 4’s Ray Fitzwalter Award for Investigative Journalism. It will soon be charted in a new series of Archant’s true crime podcast, Unfinished.
Charles said: “Archant Investigations Unit has a fantastic reputation for producing the sort of in-depth, public interest journalism I love. It’s an honour to join the team.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to hear from readers about important, under-reported stories. It could be corruption, fraud, abuse of power, mismanaged public services, miscarriages of justice, cold cases – anything they think needs investigating.”
You can get in touch with Charles by filling out the form above. All details will be kept anonymous.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 5 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.