Appledore chicken pie recipe
Appledore Chicken Pie recipe
Kent School dinner recipes
Appledore is situated on the edge of the Romney Marshes where the 13th Century River Rother used to reach the sea.
Ingredients200g diced dark & white chicken25g seasoned flour5g mixed herbs50g back bacon2g pepper250ml water2 hard boiled eggsShortcrust pastry200g plain flour50g wholemeal flour125g margarineice cold water to mix
Method1 - Toss chicken in seasoned flour and herbs and putin pie dish.
2 - Add sufficient water to come to the surface of the meat.
- 1 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 2 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 3 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 7 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 8 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 9 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 10 Haringey 'virtual parking permits' to tackle blue badge thefts
3 - Cover with a lid and cook in the oven at Reg 8, 450�F or 230�C for 45 minutes.
4 - Skim and check seasoning.
5 - Add the chopped bacon and sliced hard boiled eggs.
6 - Make the pastry and roll to cover the filling in the pie dish.
7 - Brush with egg wash or milk. Cut steam vents.
8 - Bake in the oven at Regulo 8, 450�F or 230�C for approximately 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
Nutritional analysis per portion
Energy kcal 584.3Protein g 23.5Fat g 32.7Saturates g 7.3Carbohydrate g 52.2NME g 0Fibre g 2.9Calcium mg 125.4Sodium mg 481.0Iron mg 3.5Zinc mg 1.8Folate ?g 35.4Vitamin C mg 0.5Vitamin A ?g 282.0
Celebrate Kentish Food Week - 27th September - 1 October 2010