Appledore chicken pie recipe
Appledore Chicken Pie recipe
Kent School dinner recipes
Appledore is situated on the edge of the Romney Marshes where the 13th Century River Rother used to reach the sea.
Ingredients200g diced dark & white chicken25g seasoned flour5g mixed herbs50g back bacon2g pepper250ml water2 hard boiled eggsShortcrust pastry200g plain flour50g wholemeal flour125g margarineice cold water to mix
You may also want to watch:
Method1 - Toss chicken in seasoned flour and herbs and putin pie dish.
2 - Add sufficient water to come to the surface of the meat.
- 1 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 2 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Prince Philip's funeral: Camden firm Levertons to make arrangements
- 5 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 'Negligence put lives at risk': £10k fine after fire at unlicensed HMO
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Church closes Highgate path over 'antisocial behaviour and assault'
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
3 - Cover with a lid and cook in the oven at Reg 8, 450�F or 230�C for 45 minutes.
4 - Skim and check seasoning.
5 - Add the chopped bacon and sliced hard boiled eggs.
6 - Make the pastry and roll to cover the filling in the pie dish.
7 - Brush with egg wash or milk. Cut steam vents.
8 - Bake in the oven at Regulo 8, 450�F or 230�C for approximately 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
Nutritional analysis per portion
Energy kcal 584.3Protein g 23.5Fat g 32.7Saturates g 7.3Carbohydrate g 52.2NME g 0Fibre g 2.9Calcium mg 125.4Sodium mg 481.0Iron mg 3.5Zinc mg 1.8Folate ?g 35.4Vitamin C mg 0.5Vitamin A ?g 282.0
Celebrate Kentish Food Week - 27th September - 1 October 2010