Appledore chicken pie recipe
Appledore Chicken Pie recipe
Kent School dinner recipes
Appledore is situated on the edge of the Romney Marshes where the 13th Century River Rother used to reach the sea.
Ingredients200g diced dark & white chicken25g seasoned flour5g mixed herbs50g back bacon2g pepper250ml water2 hard boiled eggsShortcrust pastry200g plain flour50g wholemeal flour125g margarineice cold water to mix
You may also want to watch:
Method1 - Toss chicken in seasoned flour and herbs and putin pie dish.
2 - Add sufficient water to come to the surface of the meat.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
3 - Cover with a lid and cook in the oven at Reg 8, 450�F or 230�C for 45 minutes.
4 - Skim and check seasoning.
5 - Add the chopped bacon and sliced hard boiled eggs.
6 - Make the pastry and roll to cover the filling in the pie dish.
7 - Brush with egg wash or milk. Cut steam vents.
8 - Bake in the oven at Regulo 8, 450�F or 230�C for approximately 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crisp.
Nutritional analysis per portion
Energy kcal 584.3Protein g 23.5Fat g 32.7Saturates g 7.3Carbohydrate g 52.2NME g 0Fibre g 2.9Calcium mg 125.4Sodium mg 481.0Iron mg 3.5Zinc mg 1.8Folate ?g 35.4Vitamin C mg 0.5Vitamin A ?g 282.0
Celebrate Kentish Food Week - 27th September - 1 October 2010