Apple and Vanilla pickle
Makes 2 jars , 20 mins preparation, 1 hour cooking
150g caster sugar
300ml cider vinegar
1 Onion, finely chopped
You may also want to watch:
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
6 Granny Smith apples
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
80g golden raisins
Sterilised jars (approx 454g size)
1, in a heavy-bottomed pan, dissolve the sugar in the cider vinegar, bring to a simmer, then add the chopped onion and split vanilla pod.
2, Simmer gently while you peel, core and dice the apples into 1cm pieces
3, Using a whisk, disperse the vanilla seeds from the pod. Then add the chopped apple and raisons and simmer gently for a further 40 minutes.
4, Remove the vanilla pod and pour the pickle into sterilised jars. Keep in a cool place until you need it, for up to 2-3 months