Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Camden and Haringey
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Camden and Haringey - such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in these boroughs is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
This can quickly leave people isolated and living in temporary accommodation can take a huge toll on mental health.
You may also want to watch:
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org