Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Camden and Haringey
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Camden and Haringey - such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in these boroughs is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
This can quickly leave people isolated and living in temporary accommodation can take a huge toll on mental health.
You may also want to watch:
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 7 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org