Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Camden and Haringey
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Camden and Haringey - such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in these boroughs is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
This can quickly leave people isolated and living in temporary accommodation can take a huge toll on mental health.
You may also want to watch:
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com