Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Camden and Haringey
- Credit: Archant
The Ham&High would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Camden and Haringey - such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in these boroughs is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
This can quickly leave people isolated and living in temporary accommodation can take a huge toll on mental health.
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 4 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle on 020 7433 0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org