Appeal for motorbiker driver who ran from scene after hitting pedestrian in Crouch End
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a motorbike driver who ran from the scene on foot after knocking down a pedestrian at traffic lights in Crouch End.
As reported in the Ham&High, mental health support worker Nicolas Santos-Davila, 34, from Muswell Hill, was treated in hospital and left bruised and in pain after being hit by the motorbike as he crossed at traffic lights on Crouch End Broadway between the clocktower and Waitrose supermarket at around 8.30pm last Wednesday when the accident happened.
He said: “It was a hit and run and I was left pretty shaken up by it. After the adrenaline wore out I felt the pain, still feeling it now,” he said.
After the incident he went on social media to thank passers-by who came to help him with some grabbing the motorcycle that knocked him over and trying to detain the driver before he ran off.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Officers, the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade attended the scene. The pedestrian was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver of the motorcycle made off from the scene on foot. Enquiries are ongoing to locate him. No arrests have been made.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 8148/25APR or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 6 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden