East Finchley crash: Police appeal for footage after woman, 63, killed by driver in High Road
- Credit: Archant
A 63-year-old woman was hit and killed by a car in East Finchley on Saturday evening.
Now police are appealing for anyone who may have dashcam footage of the crash, which happened at about 6.50pm in the High Road at the junction with Lincoln Road, to come forward.
The driver stopped at the scene and hasn’t been arrested, Scotland Yard said. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination is set to be held.
Detectives from the roads and transport policing command are asking anyone who saw the collision or may have dashcam footage of it to contact them. They believe the area would have been busy on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Alperton on 020 8991 9555.
Did you see the crash, or do you know the woman involved? Call the newsdesk on 020 7433 0119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars