Animal lover seeks Hampstead home for abandoned dogs
- Credit: Archant
A lifelong animal lover has pleaded for someone to give a home to two dogs rescued from eastern Europe.
Angela and Martin Humphery brought the two lurchers – named Sofie and Allegro – to the UK after spotting them on the website of charity Paws2Rescue.
With the dogs currently kennelled in Surrey, 87-year-old Mrs Humphery said: “They adore each other. They are very happy but we need a lovely home for them both.”
According to the dog lover – who has raised money for animal charities since organising a jumble sale aged 10 – strays are targets of cruelty in Romania with one case she recalled involving a dog which had had its paws hacked off.
Now she and her husband, director of Greyhounds in Need, supported by Ricky Gervais and actor Peter Egan, are calling on pet lovers.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Humphery, from Hampstead, said: “I would love them to be rehomed in Hampstead. I would love to keep seeing them.”
Call Greyhounds in Need on 01784 483206 or email email@example.com
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 6 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 7 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'