Animal lover seeks Hampstead home for abandoned dogs
- Credit: Archant
A lifelong animal lover has pleaded for someone to give a home to two dogs rescued from eastern Europe.
Angela and Martin Humphery brought the two lurchers – named Sofie and Allegro – to the UK after spotting them on the website of charity Paws2Rescue.
With the dogs currently kennelled in Surrey, 87-year-old Mrs Humphery said: “They adore each other. They are very happy but we need a lovely home for them both.”
According to the dog lover – who has raised money for animal charities since organising a jumble sale aged 10 – strays are targets of cruelty in Romania with one case she recalled involving a dog which had had its paws hacked off.
Now she and her husband, director of Greyhounds in Need, supported by Ricky Gervais and actor Peter Egan, are calling on pet lovers.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Humphery, from Hampstead, said: “I would love them to be rehomed in Hampstead. I would love to keep seeing them.”
Call Greyhounds in Need on 01784 483206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'