Animal lover seeks Hampstead home for abandoned dogs
- Credit: Archant
A lifelong animal lover has pleaded for someone to give a home to two dogs rescued from eastern Europe.
Angela and Martin Humphery brought the two lurchers – named Sofie and Allegro – to the UK after spotting them on the website of charity Paws2Rescue.
With the dogs currently kennelled in Surrey, 87-year-old Mrs Humphery said: “They adore each other. They are very happy but we need a lovely home for them both.”
According to the dog lover – who has raised money for animal charities since organising a jumble sale aged 10 – strays are targets of cruelty in Romania with one case she recalled involving a dog which had had its paws hacked off.
Now she and her husband, director of Greyhounds in Need, supported by Ricky Gervais and actor Peter Egan, are calling on pet lovers.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Humphery, from Hampstead, said: “I would love them to be rehomed in Hampstead. I would love to keep seeing them.”
Call Greyhounds in Need on 01784 483206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's