Animal lover seeks Hampstead home for abandoned dogs
- Credit: Archant
A lifelong animal lover has pleaded for someone to give a home to two dogs rescued from eastern Europe.
Angela and Martin Humphery brought the two lurchers – named Sofie and Allegro – to the UK after spotting them on the website of charity Paws2Rescue.
With the dogs currently kennelled in Surrey, 87-year-old Mrs Humphery said: “They adore each other. They are very happy but we need a lovely home for them both.”
According to the dog lover – who has raised money for animal charities since organising a jumble sale aged 10 – strays are targets of cruelty in Romania with one case she recalled involving a dog which had had its paws hacked off.
Now she and her husband, director of Greyhounds in Need, supported by Ricky Gervais and actor Peter Egan, are calling on pet lovers.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Humphery, from Hampstead, said: “I would love them to be rehomed in Hampstead. I would love to keep seeing them.”
Call Greyhounds in Need on 01784 483206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town