Animal charity benefits as pet dogs enjoy a beach picnic in Hampstead
- Credit: Eliana Pelaggi
We have all enjoyed taking a doggy bag home from a restaurant - but a host of pet pooches took their own bags home after enjoying a slap-up meal with their owners at a charity event.
Funds were raised for The Mayhew Animal Home after the Gaucho restaurant in Heath Street, Hampstead, hosted a ‘Doggy Sunday’ event in their honour on Sunday.
For £35 a head, dog owners enjoyed a three-course meal and were also provided with a course for their canine companion.
The restaurant chose a beach-themed event, to tie in with the burst of warm weather, and dogs were able to enjoy a sandpit, paddling pool and goody bags were provided for each hound to take home.
The Mayhew, based in Kensal Green, will receive £5 for every ‘doggy diner’ enjoyed on the day and money was also raised for the charity via a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Houlihan, The Mayhew’s events officer, said: “We were absolutely delighted when we heard our rescue centre had been chosen for one of Gaucho’s infamous Doggy Sundays! It was very generous to host the event in our honour and also invite some Mayhew staff, and canine representatives, along to enjoy the day. So much fun was had and we can’t thank the restaurant enough for supporting our charity in this way.”
Fore more information about The Mayhew visit www.themayhew.org or call 020 8969 0178
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub