Anger over plans to build flats on top of homes in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green residents are angry after plans to build new homes on the roofs of existing flats were unveiled.
The development involves building eight new flats on top of apartment buildings at Britten Close and Chandos Way, Welgarth rd. The existing flats would have skylights blocked by the proposed development.
Barnet council officers have recommended the plans for approval but the planning department has been sent a total of 230 objections from angry residents.
Resident Andrew Hornig believes there would be “no benefit” for current flat owners.
He said: “The flats would bear nuisance, costs, disruption and extra noise and planners do not consider all these issues.
You may also want to watch:
“Building eight new luxury flats will not contribute to solving London’s housing problems. They would directly spoil 32 existing flats and indirectly adversely affect other flats in the estate.”
A final decision will be made tonight.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town