Anger over plans to build flats on top of homes in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Golders Green residents are angry after plans to build new homes on the roofs of existing flats were unveiled.
The development involves building eight new flats on top of apartment buildings at Britten Close and Chandos Way, Welgarth rd. The existing flats would have skylights blocked by the proposed development.
Barnet council officers have recommended the plans for approval but the planning department has been sent a total of 230 objections from angry residents.
Resident Andrew Hornig believes there would be “no benefit” for current flat owners.
He said: “The flats would bear nuisance, costs, disruption and extra noise and planners do not consider all these issues.
You may also want to watch:
“Building eight new luxury flats will not contribute to solving London’s housing problems. They would directly spoil 32 existing flats and indirectly adversely affect other flats in the estate.”
A final decision will be made tonight.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike