Anger over cancellation of external decorations programme
The news of the £198.5m for decent homes in Haringey is both very welcome and long overdue. However we are still concerned about aspects of routine housing work. We are angry that this year s £2.6m external decorations programme has been cancelled.
The news of the £198.5m for decent homes in Haringey is both very welcome and long overdue.
However we are still concerned about aspects of routine housing work. We are angry that this year's £2.6m external decorations programme has been cancelled.
External decorations is a key maintenance programme, and it includes the communal areas of blocks of flats, which have an intense usage. Haringey was already failing to meet its commitments on this under its tenancy agreements and the tenants' charter. The cancellation of this year's programme puts the council even further behind, and decoration, that should be done every five years, has slipped in many cases to only once every eight years.
Decent homes should include adequate decoration and decent communal areas. But as the £198.5m cannot be used for such routine work, can you please tell us when we can expect the borough to meet its tenancy agreement and tenants' charter commitments in this respect?
You may also want to watch:
Please respond in detail, and in accordance with the council's policy on replies to correspondence. I am copying this letter to the Chief Executive of Haringey Council.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
Haringey Defend Council Housing