Andre Bent fatal stabbing: Hornsey teenager charged with murder and 3 counts of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey teenager has been charged with murder over the fatal stabbing of Andre Bent in Maidstone, Kent.
The boy, a 16-year-old who cannot be named due to his age, was arrested on Sunday September 1, and has since been charged with Mr Bent's murder, the attempted murder of three others, and possession of an offensive weapon.
Mr Bent, 21, from Lambeth, died in the early hours of August 25 after suffering "injuries consistent with being stabbed" during an altercation in the town's High Street.
That morning, four men, all also from Hornsey, were arrested. The quartet - Mohamed Gelani, 23, of Newland Road, Abdi Aweys, 19, of Lightfoot Road, Darien Thompson-Cox, 21, of Raleigh Road, and Nathaniel Small, 22, of Boyton Road - have all been charged with violent disorder and remanded in custody until a plea hearing on September 24.
Another man, arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and perverting the course of justice, was bailed until September 23.
You may also want to watch:
The unnamed teenager facing the murder and attempted murder charges will appear at Medway Magistrates' Court today (Monday).
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'