Andre Bent fatal stabbing: Hornsey teenager charged with murder and 3 counts of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey teenager has been charged with murder over the fatal stabbing of Andre Bent in Maidstone, Kent.
The boy, a 16-year-old who cannot be named due to his age, was arrested on Sunday September 1, and has since been charged with Mr Bent's murder, the attempted murder of three others, and possession of an offensive weapon.
Mr Bent, 21, from Lambeth, died in the early hours of August 25 after suffering "injuries consistent with being stabbed" during an altercation in the town's High Street.
That morning, four men, all also from Hornsey, were arrested. The quartet - Mohamed Gelani, 23, of Newland Road, Abdi Aweys, 19, of Lightfoot Road, Darien Thompson-Cox, 21, of Raleigh Road, and Nathaniel Small, 22, of Boyton Road - have all been charged with violent disorder and remanded in custody until a plea hearing on September 24.
Another man, arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and perverting the course of justice, was bailed until September 23.
The unnamed teenager facing the murder and attempted murder charges will appear at Medway Magistrates' Court today (Monday).
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 8 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square