Amy Winehouse statue makes way for Jessie J at impromptu gig in Camden market
- Credit: PA
Singer Jessie J has surprised Camden residents after turning up for an impromptu “busking session” at Stables Market this evening.
A lifesize statue of Amy Winehouse temporarily made way for the musician who sang in front of a crowd at the market in Chalk Farm Road.
Tweeting to her followers, the former panellist of BBC hit show The Voice had said a few hours prior to arriving: “London - I have a surprise for you! Stay tuned to my Twitter to find out what and where to find me!”
This was followed by: “Nearly there Heartbeats! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’ll be busking at The Camden Stables market in 30 mins! Come down!!”
Her gig started at about 5.30pm, featuring a number of songs.
You may also want to watch:
Workers at the market said the removal of the Amy Winehouse statue was a temporary measure but that it would return in the morning.
The statue was erected less than a month ago and was funded by the Winehouse family and Camdenmarket.com.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding