Amy Winehouse statue makes way for Jessie J at impromptu gig in Camden market
- Credit: PA
Singer Jessie J has surprised Camden residents after turning up for an impromptu “busking session” at Stables Market this evening.
A lifesize statue of Amy Winehouse temporarily made way for the musician who sang in front of a crowd at the market in Chalk Farm Road.
Tweeting to her followers, the former panellist of BBC hit show The Voice had said a few hours prior to arriving: “London - I have a surprise for you! Stay tuned to my Twitter to find out what and where to find me!”
This was followed by: “Nearly there Heartbeats! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’ll be busking at The Camden Stables market in 30 mins! Come down!!”
Her gig started at about 5.30pm, featuring a number of songs.
Workers at the market said the removal of the Amy Winehouse statue was a temporary measure but that it would return in the morning.
The statue was erected less than a month ago and was funded by the Winehouse family and Camdenmarket.com.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021