Amy Winehouse statue makes way for Jessie J at impromptu gig in Camden market
- Credit: PA
Singer Jessie J has surprised Camden residents after turning up for an impromptu “busking session” at Stables Market this evening.
A lifesize statue of Amy Winehouse temporarily made way for the musician who sang in front of a crowd at the market in Chalk Farm Road.
Tweeting to her followers, the former panellist of BBC hit show The Voice had said a few hours prior to arriving: “London - I have a surprise for you! Stay tuned to my Twitter to find out what and where to find me!”
This was followed by: “Nearly there Heartbeats! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’ll be busking at The Camden Stables market in 30 mins! Come down!!”
Her gig started at about 5.30pm, featuring a number of songs.
You may also want to watch:
Workers at the market said the removal of the Amy Winehouse statue was a temporary measure but that it would return in the morning.
The statue was erected less than a month ago and was funded by the Winehouse family and Camdenmarket.com.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers