Amy Winehouse statue makes way for Jessie J at impromptu gig in Camden market
- Credit: PA
Singer Jessie J has surprised Camden residents after turning up for an impromptu “busking session” at Stables Market this evening.
A lifesize statue of Amy Winehouse temporarily made way for the musician who sang in front of a crowd at the market in Chalk Farm Road.
Tweeting to her followers, the former panellist of BBC hit show The Voice had said a few hours prior to arriving: “London - I have a surprise for you! Stay tuned to my Twitter to find out what and where to find me!”
This was followed by: “Nearly there Heartbeats! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’ll be busking at The Camden Stables market in 30 mins! Come down!!”
Her gig started at about 5.30pm, featuring a number of songs.
You may also want to watch:
Workers at the market said the removal of the Amy Winehouse statue was a temporary measure but that it would return in the morning.
The statue was erected less than a month ago and was funded by the Winehouse family and Camdenmarket.com.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND