Amy Winehouse statue makes way for Jessie J at impromptu gig in Camden market
- Credit: PA
Singer Jessie J has surprised Camden residents after turning up for an impromptu “busking session” at Stables Market this evening.
A lifesize statue of Amy Winehouse temporarily made way for the musician who sang in front of a crowd at the market in Chalk Farm Road.
Tweeting to her followers, the former panellist of BBC hit show The Voice had said a few hours prior to arriving: “London - I have a surprise for you! Stay tuned to my Twitter to find out what and where to find me!”
This was followed by: “Nearly there Heartbeats! If you haven’t figured it out yet I’ll be busking at The Camden Stables market in 30 mins! Come down!!”
Her gig started at about 5.30pm, featuring a number of songs.
You may also want to watch:
Workers at the market said the removal of the Amy Winehouse statue was a temporary measure but that it would return in the morning.
The statue was erected less than a month ago and was funded by the Winehouse family and Camdenmarket.com.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 10 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms