All-nighter fun at Hornsey Library
Crouch End library will host an all-night event to celebrate World Book Night
BOOK-lovers are set to be up all evening this weekend as celebrations for World Book Night take place in Hornsey Library.
From 5pm on Saturday until noon on Sunday there will be a packed programme of events taking place at the Crouch End library, which are open to everyone.
Activities include writing a book, watching films, live music and debates – all people need to participate is creativity and perhaps a sleeping bag.
The Unlibrary team will be curating the making of a digital book about dreams, while a local artist will need all the old plastic bottles people can find to turn the library into a giant rubbish art installation.
You may also want to watch:
Free books will be handed out and as well as films throughout the small hours, there will be live music on Saturday evening, including JC001 – the former holder of the world’s fastest rapper title.
Earlier in the evening there will be a series of activities for children and on Sunday morning from 10am people are invited to listen to jazz as they picnic in the library. As well as a host of other events, there will be a fines amnesty on all books returned during the all-nighter.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
For more details, go to www.haringey.gov.uk/allnighter.