All-nighter fun at Hornsey Library
Crouch End library will host an all-night event to celebrate World Book Night
BOOK-lovers are set to be up all evening this weekend as celebrations for World Book Night take place in Hornsey Library.
From 5pm on Saturday until noon on Sunday there will be a packed programme of events taking place at the Crouch End library, which are open to everyone.
Activities include writing a book, watching films, live music and debates – all people need to participate is creativity and perhaps a sleeping bag.
The Unlibrary team will be curating the making of a digital book about dreams, while a local artist will need all the old plastic bottles people can find to turn the library into a giant rubbish art installation.
You may also want to watch:
Free books will be handed out and as well as films throughout the small hours, there will be live music on Saturday evening, including JC001 – the former holder of the world’s fastest rapper title.
Earlier in the evening there will be a series of activities for children and on Sunday morning from 10am people are invited to listen to jazz as they picnic in the library. As well as a host of other events, there will be a fines amnesty on all books returned during the all-nighter.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
For more details, go to www.haringey.gov.uk/allnighter.