All-nighter fun at Hornsey Library
Crouch End library will host an all-night event to celebrate World Book Night
BOOK-lovers are set to be up all evening this weekend as celebrations for World Book Night take place in Hornsey Library.
From 5pm on Saturday until noon on Sunday there will be a packed programme of events taking place at the Crouch End library, which are open to everyone.
Activities include writing a book, watching films, live music and debates – all people need to participate is creativity and perhaps a sleeping bag.
The Unlibrary team will be curating the making of a digital book about dreams, while a local artist will need all the old plastic bottles people can find to turn the library into a giant rubbish art installation.
You may also want to watch:
Free books will be handed out and as well as films throughout the small hours, there will be live music on Saturday evening, including JC001 – the former holder of the world’s fastest rapper title.
Earlier in the evening there will be a series of activities for children and on Sunday morning from 10am people are invited to listen to jazz as they picnic in the library. As well as a host of other events, there will be a fines amnesty on all books returned during the all-nighter.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
For more details, go to www.haringey.gov.uk/allnighter.