Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation: Michelle Collins joins Ally Pally pantomime appeal for Archway charity
- Credit: Archant
Actress Michelle Collins joined the cast of Ally Pally’s Aladdin on Ice pantomime to launch the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation (AWTF) annual Christmas appeal.
The Archway charity, set up in honour of Channing School student Alexandra Wylie who died from a rare form of cancer in 2010 aged just 17, is hoping for donations so it can help local children and vulnerable adults enjoy Christmas.
The charity will distribute presents and food parcels to those in need.
Alexandra’s mother Lindsey – who set up the charity – said: “Alexandra loved everything about Christmas and we hope to bring some of the spirit of the season into the lives of those in our area who are struggling so much.”
Ms Collins, a charity patron, said: “I see AWTF bringing a little Christmas magic to those who are marginalised and excluded in this season of festive cheer.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations can be made online at awtf.org while food and presents for all ages can be donated by dropping-off at Cappuchino, Cressida Rd, Archway, N19 3LB.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement