Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation: Michelle Collins joins Ally Pally pantomime appeal for Archway charity
- Credit: Archant
Actress Michelle Collins joined the cast of Ally Pally’s Aladdin on Ice pantomime to launch the Alexandra Wylie Tower Foundation (AWTF) annual Christmas appeal.
The Archway charity, set up in honour of Channing School student Alexandra Wylie who died from a rare form of cancer in 2010 aged just 17, is hoping for donations so it can help local children and vulnerable adults enjoy Christmas.
The charity will distribute presents and food parcels to those in need.
Alexandra’s mother Lindsey – who set up the charity – said: “Alexandra loved everything about Christmas and we hope to bring some of the spirit of the season into the lives of those in our area who are struggling so much.”
Ms Collins, a charity patron, said: “I see AWTF bringing a little Christmas magic to those who are marginalised and excluded in this season of festive cheer.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations can be made online at awtf.org while food and presents for all ages can be donated by dropping-off at Cappuchino, Cressida Rd, Archway, N19 3LB.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 7 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal