Alexandra Palace should be run by the people - petition
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board. A petition launched on the Government s Number 10 website states: Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and t
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board.
A petition launched on the Government's Number 10 website states: "Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and trustee are irreconcilable.
"After a well-attended and positive stakeholder forum in October 2009, the momentum was for The Ultimate Solution: an independent trust.
"Independent trustees would be expert, creative, competent, committed and experienced.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is determined foot dragging by Haringey.
"Release our People's Palace from the dead hand of municipal control."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
The petition can be found at petitions.number10.gov.uk/Ally-Pally-Indy.
For more Ally Pally news including the row over its future, see this week's Broadway edition of the Ham&High.