Alexandra Palace should be run by the people - petition
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board. A petition launched on the Government s Number 10 website states: Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and t
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board.
A petition launched on the Government's Number 10 website states: "Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and trustee are irreconcilable.
"After a well-attended and positive stakeholder forum in October 2009, the momentum was for The Ultimate Solution: an independent trust.
"Independent trustees would be expert, creative, competent, committed and experienced.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is determined foot dragging by Haringey.
"Release our People's Palace from the dead hand of municipal control."
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
The petition can be found at petitions.number10.gov.uk/Ally-Pally-Indy.
For more Ally Pally news including the row over its future, see this week's Broadway edition of the Ham&High.