Alexandra Palace should be run by the people - petition
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board. A petition launched on the Government s Number 10 website states: Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and t
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board.
A petition launched on the Government's Number 10 website states: "Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and trustee are irreconcilable.
"After a well-attended and positive stakeholder forum in October 2009, the momentum was for The Ultimate Solution: an independent trust.
"Independent trustees would be expert, creative, competent, committed and experienced.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is determined foot dragging by Haringey.
"Release our People's Palace from the dead hand of municipal control."
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 10 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
The petition can be found at petitions.number10.gov.uk/Ally-Pally-Indy.
For more Ally Pally news including the row over its future, see this week's Broadway edition of the Ham&High.