Alexandra Palace should be run by the people - petition
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board. A petition launched on the Government s Number 10 website states: Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and t
RESIDENTS have begun a new petition to force Haringey Council to relinquish control of Alexandra Palace to an independent board.
A petition launched on the Government's Number 10 website states: "Most observers recognise that the roles of councillor and trustee are irreconcilable.
"After a well-attended and positive stakeholder forum in October 2009, the momentum was for The Ultimate Solution: an independent trust.
"Independent trustees would be expert, creative, competent, committed and experienced.
You may also want to watch:
"But there is determined foot dragging by Haringey.
"Release our People's Palace from the dead hand of municipal control."
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 8 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
The petition can be found at petitions.number10.gov.uk/Ally-Pally-Indy.
For more Ally Pally news including the row over its future, see this week's Broadway edition of the Ham&High.