Alexandra Palace in u-turn over farmers’ market changes
- Credit: Archant
Customers and traders are celebrating after Alexandra Palace have done a u-turn on the number of hot food stalls at the weekly farmers’ market.
Earlier this week the Ham&High reported the anger of market users and stall holders when the Palace decided to further limit the number of stalls at each market.
Some market users had said they wouldn’t be returning to the market as often as they normally would, and one stall owner feared for the future of her business due to the reduced footfall.
The changes were brought into place for the November 12 market after a change in the terms and conditions for market traders.
The market won a TimeOut Love London award in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
However after negotiations in recent days between Alexandra Palace and City and Country Farmers’ Markets, the company who have run the market since 2003, the Palace has done a u-turn.
Last night City and Country Farmers’ Market issued a statement confirming the changes would not be carrying on. A spokesperson said: “Following your valuable feedback to us and Alexandra Palace concerning hot food stalls, we are happy to announce that the regular hot food stalls are back at the market in the park. For further info, our team will be happy to help you on Sunday.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 8 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 9 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Market user Dan Knight was one of the people who told the Ham&High this week about their dissatisfaction with the changes.
The 41-year-old who regularly visits the market with his wife and two children is one of the people happy about the reversal.
He said: “I think it’s good news. I don’t reckon Alexandra Palace realised how unhappy people would be with the changes.
“The only thing we’re worried about is whether the market traders will have found other places to go after last week. I will be back on Sunday, weather permitting!”
Alexandra Palace responded by issuing the same statement they made at the time of the changes. They said: “Following feedback from customers regarding hot food vendors at the Farmers Market, Alexandra Palace has discussed this matter with City & Country Farmers Market has allowed all to move forward positively and ensures that customers will continue to enjoy the Farmers Market and all it has to offer.”
The next market will take place on Sunday November 19.