Alexandra Palace foodie festival hosts Masterchef champions
- Credit: Archant
Masterchef champions at Alexandra Palace to celebrate London’s culinary offerings this bank holiday.
Join Masterchef champions at Alexandra Palace to celebrate London’s culinary offerings this bank holiday.
The 2016 winner Jane Devonshire (pictured) and 2010 winner Dhruv Baker will showcase their favourite recipes at ‘The Foodie’s Festival’ in the Chef’s theatre.
Taking place between August 27 and 29, the festival will also see expert sommeliers Neil Phillips and Charles Metcalf offering champagne tastings and wine masterclasses.
In addition to the international cuisines on offer, this year sees a particular focus on Brazilian street food in honour of the Olympics currently taking place in Rio.
You may also want to watch:
Brazilian coffees and the country’s traditional dish Feijoada, made from black beans and cooked in a clay pot, will be available for festival goers to sample.
Alongside the range of food on offer, those wishing to sit back and relax can simply head to the vintage tea rooms, or grab a drink from one of the pop-up bars and head to the Unsigned Music Awards stage to listen to some local bands play.
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 4 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 5 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 6 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
Foodie’s festival director Sue Hitchen says: “We are delighted to be back at Alexandra Palace Park for the August Bank Holiday.
“We look forward to welcoming locals to this year’s festival and sharing our new features such as the Vintage Tea Tent, Brazilian street food and biggest ever Artisan Market which showcases over 100 award-winning producers.
“There’s food and drink masterclasses and a Kid’s Cookery School for little foodies as well, so it’s a real fun family day out for everyone to enjoy.”
The Foodies Festival takes place from August 27 to 29 at Alexandra Palace. Adult ticket prices start from £13.