Alexandra Palace foodie festival hosts Masterchef champions
- Credit: Archant
Masterchef champions at Alexandra Palace to celebrate London’s culinary offerings this bank holiday.
Join Masterchef champions at Alexandra Palace to celebrate London’s culinary offerings this bank holiday.
The 2016 winner Jane Devonshire (pictured) and 2010 winner Dhruv Baker will showcase their favourite recipes at ‘The Foodie’s Festival’ in the Chef’s theatre.
Taking place between August 27 and 29, the festival will also see expert sommeliers Neil Phillips and Charles Metcalf offering champagne tastings and wine masterclasses.
In addition to the international cuisines on offer, this year sees a particular focus on Brazilian street food in honour of the Olympics currently taking place in Rio.
You may also want to watch:
Brazilian coffees and the country’s traditional dish Feijoada, made from black beans and cooked in a clay pot, will be available for festival goers to sample.
Alongside the range of food on offer, those wishing to sit back and relax can simply head to the vintage tea rooms, or grab a drink from one of the pop-up bars and head to the Unsigned Music Awards stage to listen to some local bands play.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
Foodie’s festival director Sue Hitchen says: “We are delighted to be back at Alexandra Palace Park for the August Bank Holiday.
“We look forward to welcoming locals to this year’s festival and sharing our new features such as the Vintage Tea Tent, Brazilian street food and biggest ever Artisan Market which showcases over 100 award-winning producers.
“There’s food and drink masterclasses and a Kid’s Cookery School for little foodies as well, so it’s a real fun family day out for everyone to enjoy.”
The Foodies Festival takes place from August 27 to 29 at Alexandra Palace. Adult ticket prices start from £13.