Alexandra Palace gig marred by man’s death ‘in the mosh pit’
- Credit: Archant
A 25 year-old concert-goer died at an Alexandra Palace gig on Friday night.
Ali Mills, from Cheshunt in Hertfordshire, died in a mosh pit during a performance by Sheffield band Bring Me The Horizon.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 9.50pm, but Mr Mills was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alexandra Palace released a statement about Mr Mills’ death sending condolences to his family.
A spokesperson for the venue added: “We would like to clarify that this was a tragic medical incident and unrelated to the extensive security measures in place at all of or our events.”
You may also want to watch:
“We work closely with our local authority, licensing and the emergency services to ensure that regulations and requirements relating to the planning of an event are always executed to a high standard.”
The police added: “At this early stage the death is not being treated as suspicious.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
The band released a statement saying they had been “horrified” by Mr Mills’ death.