Alexandra Palace gig marred by man’s death ‘in the mosh pit’
- Credit: Archant
A 25 year-old concert-goer died at an Alexandra Palace gig on Friday night.
Ali Mills, from Cheshunt in Hertfordshire, died in a mosh pit during a performance by Sheffield band Bring Me The Horizon.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 9.50pm, but Mr Mills was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alexandra Palace released a statement about Mr Mills’ death sending condolences to his family.
A spokesperson for the venue added: “We would like to clarify that this was a tragic medical incident and unrelated to the extensive security measures in place at all of or our events.”
“We work closely with our local authority, licensing and the emergency services to ensure that regulations and requirements relating to the planning of an event are always executed to a high standard.”
The police added: “At this early stage the death is not being treated as suspicious.”
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 5 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 6 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 7 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 8 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 9 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 10 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
The band released a statement saying they had been “horrified” by Mr Mills’ death.