Alexandra Palace gig marred by man’s death ‘in the mosh pit’
- Credit: Archant
A 25 year-old concert-goer died at an Alexandra Palace gig on Friday night.
Ali Mills, from Cheshunt in Hertfordshire, died in a mosh pit during a performance by Sheffield band Bring Me The Horizon.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 9.50pm, but Mr Mills was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alexandra Palace released a statement about Mr Mills’ death sending condolences to his family.
A spokesperson for the venue added: “We would like to clarify that this was a tragic medical incident and unrelated to the extensive security measures in place at all of or our events.”
You may also want to watch:
“We work closely with our local authority, licensing and the emergency services to ensure that regulations and requirements relating to the planning of an event are always executed to a high standard.”
The police added: “At this early stage the death is not being treated as suspicious.”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
The band released a statement saying they had been “horrified” by Mr Mills’ death.