Alexandra Palace gig marred by man’s death ‘in the mosh pit’
- Credit: Archant
A 25 year-old concert-goer died at an Alexandra Palace gig on Friday night.
Ali Mills, from Cheshunt in Hertfordshire, died in a mosh pit during a performance by Sheffield band Bring Me The Horizon.
Police and the ambulance service were called at 9.50pm, but Mr Mills was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alexandra Palace released a statement about Mr Mills’ death sending condolences to his family.
A spokesperson for the venue added: “We would like to clarify that this was a tragic medical incident and unrelated to the extensive security measures in place at all of or our events.”
You may also want to watch:
“We work closely with our local authority, licensing and the emergency services to ensure that regulations and requirements relating to the planning of an event are always executed to a high standard.”
The police added: “At this early stage the death is not being treated as suspicious.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
The band released a statement saying they had been “horrified” by Mr Mills’ death.