Alex Smith murder: Abdirahman Ibrahim found guilty
- Credit: Met Police
A second man has been convicted of the murder of Islington teenager Alex Smith in Camden.
Alex, 16, was killed in Munster Square in the Regent's Park Estate, Camden, at around 11pm on August 12 2019.
Abdirahman Ibrahim, 20 and of Pratt Street, Camden, was found guilty of murder and assisting an offender at Inner London Crown Court on March 29.
He will be sentenced on April 30.
In 2020, Arif Biomy, 20, was jailed for life for Alex's murder.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard the attack was the result of an "ongoing feud" and Ibrahim was one of six who had been driving two stolen cars around the Fitzrovia and Euston Road area on that night looking for rivals to attack.
The jury were told that while Ibrahim had stayed in a car, men with him attacked Alex and the group had been acting together.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
Det Insp Jamie Stevenson said: “Alex was targeted by a rival gang which Ibrahim was part of. The six gang members acted together to chase down Alex with fatal consequences."