Alastair Campbell on Hampstead altercation: ‘20 years ago I would have kneed him in the b*ll*cks’
- Credit: Archant
Alastair Campbell is a changed man.
In January, Tony Blair’s former spin doctor was forced to rebut claims he assaulted a man in Hampstead after the Ham&High unearthed CCTV footage which showed him being abused by a passer-by as he walked in Perrin’s Lane.
Mr Campbell insisted he put his “arm out to [the man’s] shoulder to stop him coming any closer” during the altercation.
Last week, the Labour stalwart offered more opinion on January’s unwanted attention in an interview with the London Evening Standard.
Asked about the altercation, he told the newspaper: “Twenty years ago, no question, I’d have headbutted the guy; kneed him in the b*ll*cks and stamped on his head. I’ve got a history.
“Listen, if someone comes up to you and abuses you and hits you, you’re entitled to fight back. That was the first time anyone has spat at me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anger management has clearly been effective for Mr Campbell.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill