Alastair Campbell called on for Labour team talk to help topple Mike Freer
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Alastair Campbell has been known to boast of his “played three, won three” record when it comes to co-ordinating general election campaigns for the Labour Party.
As part of Tony Blair’s inner circle, he enjoyed three consecutive election victories in 1997, 2001 and 2005.
So he’s not a bad person to advise the current crop of Labour would-bes, especially if he’s filling party coffers at the same time.
On Thursday evening, Mr Blair’s former spin doctor will entertain a gaggle of Labour enthusiasts in Marylebone with a talk titled How To Win Elections.
Tickets for the gig at Indian restaurant Indali Lounge, in Baker Street, have been going for £60 each, with all the money raised set to support barrister Sarah Sackman’s electoral assault on Finchley and Golders Green.
You may also want to watch:
The former South Hampstead High School pupil will need to channel Mr Campbell’s winning ethos if she is to overcome incumbent Conservative MP Mike Freer.
In other Finchley and Golders Green news, the Lib Dems have selected former Childs Hill councillor and Golders Green synagogue treasurer Jonathan Davies as their candidate.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release